Sunday, December 11, 2011

Frosty, cake, wool and ginger ale


I love Christmas. Always have, as far as I can remember, since my first illustrated 'A Christmas Carol' - ladybird edition, i think. I love the snow, I love the food, I love the carols and I love the television specials. Peanuts, Grinch, Frosty, Kris Kringle, Rudolph, I've seen 'em all. Almost. And love to watch again and again every holiday season. I have to watch Alistair Sim play Scrooge every year too, --which reminds me to add it to my netflix queue.

I baked my very first Christmas cake this year, using fine champagne cognac instead of brandy. See above- isn't it a beaut?

Work progresses on my test knit shawl. Sadly, I've also decided to add some UFOs to my frog pond. i realise now that super bulky knits just do not look good on a plus sized frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I love to hear from all my readers :)