Friday, February 21, 2014

The great switcheroo and hey its Friday too

Hello everyone. Firstly, please excuse any untidiness and missing links etc from the page, which unlike today's project, is still very much a work in progress. I've had a lot of fun with the header, but I'm still behind on updating my blogroll and linking my Google+ account so that anyone who wants can follow this blog.

As I mentioned in my last post on my previous blog, I have decided to focus my blog posts solely on my crafting endeavors as of now. Things at home are in flux and I just don't have the mental bandwidth to deal with anything else right now--except for knitting!

Why the name?

I used to store my yarn stash in my oven when it was small enough to not have taken over the house. I live close to New York city, where women have been known to store shoes, clothes and handbags in their ovens, so I figured an ovenful of yarn isn't really that much of a leap from there. My stash has long outgrown my oven though!

I still love the name.

And now, on to the show and tell.

Today, after many weeks, I'm actually showing a finished object made for me :) I started this beret during the first polar vortex in January, finished it by the second and have been wearing it incessantly ever since. The problem is, I never got around to taking pictures till like yesterday!



The angora merino keeps me cozy even with the lace pattern.


I love the cables!


Pattern: Rose red by Ysolda Teague
Yarn: Cascade yarns Cloud 9
Needles: US 6 & 4

Linking up with FO Friday, Fiber Arts Friday and Creative Friday. I apologize for not having put up your images yet, but will do so very soon. 

9 comments:

  1. Great job on the cables and pretty color. Who said you don't finish objects? Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful. Wish I would wear berets! But I look horrible in hats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so pretty. The view from the top is so absolutely gorgeous that I'd be tempted to walk around with my head down so that everyone can admire it, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your hat, it's a beautiful pattern and your yarn choice is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new blog name and banner. The hat looks wonderful on you! It is such a pretty pattern. Wish that I could look that stylish in a hat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooh, love the new blog makeover. That hat is GORGEOUS! I love the halo that the angora gives it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought that hat looked familiar! I've been wanting to knit forever. It is really pretty in lavender.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Love the squishy cables and I bet it just feels amazing in angora.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I love to hear from all my readers :)