Wednesday, February 26, 2014

WIP Wednesday: Working on a wearable

The Voice is back! Its the perfect show to knit to in my opinion, because all my attention can be on my knitting, so especially perfect for cables or lace or whatever. I am however, working on stockinette at the moment. I bought the yarn for Francis revisited during the Knit Picks cyber Monday sale and was it a steal! I cast on early in January, worked the body down to the hip increases (its a top down) and then...stopped.

It would have been sensible to have worked on and finished this cute tunic when the polar freeze was shivering me timbers (is that a phrase that works in this context?!). I'm kooky that way however, and I got so bored of the mindless stockinette that I bundled int up in a bag and shoved it out of sight and started working on so many of the other things I've worked on and finished these past few weeks. I've just dug it out again so that I can at least wear it this spring!

I'm about 60-65% done with the baby blanket too. It will hopefully block to about 30 inches square. Since all that garter was also starting to get to me, I felt like I needed a change :)



I have enough yarn to lengthen the body to tunic length. I went up a needle size after finishing the hip increases to accommodate the extra length and get a figure flattering A-line shape. It just depends on how bored I get :)

The color is a very rich, very saturated wine. Its (yet another!!!) snow day here today so the color may be a tad off. Ugh. I'm tired of the snow. At least I've got coffee with my friends to look forward to later on.

Linking up with WIP Wednesday with Tami. And now off for my usual Wednesday blog hop. Stay warm!

3 comments:

  1. Love the color! I hear you on the boredom that comes from working on certain things. I was bored of the shawl so I started hats and now cast on a sleeve swatch for a sweater. But sometimes you just need easy, so I still need a mindless project. Sweater has ribbing and cables, shawl has all kinds of st patterns, hat wip is colorwork. Good thing I need to do a baby blanket! Here comes garter and chevrons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I wouldn't give for some mindless stockinette right now. So soothing. That color is gorgeous. It has been snowing here for the last two days, too. When will it end?!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right, The Voice is the perfect knitting show, one of my guilty pleasures, lol. I'm finding myself getting drawn to the brighter coloured skeins in the stash these days with all this snow. It can end any day now, I am ready for spring and some sunshine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I love to hear from all my readers :)