Friday, March 7, 2014

Friends, Friday and 'Frisco

First off--I have a terrible sinus problem. Dry winter air + indoor heating + leaky humidifier + dust allergies= a very unhappy and congested nose. And just a few days before we head to San Francisco too. Ugh! I've been sleeping (and basically living) with the humidifier on all day, but it doesn't do much good. I've taken steam, irrigated my sinuses and popped several pills to stop the sneezing and the general feeling that my head will explode. Will we survive the long flight and the dry air?

We can only hope.

Today I'm sharing something I finished awhile back, but couldn't call it like 'finished finished' because the buttons took forever to arrive. These winter storms have much to answer for (including my present state of misery).



I've never made leg warmers before, but I can see the attraction. Warm and cute! And a very easy knit, especially if you do them in the round. I made these for a friend, and the pattern she chose is knit flat. Its a cute pattern, but if I made it for myself, I'd knit in the round and the buttons would be sewn on just for show. As a matter of fact, some designs have mysteriously appeared in my Ravelry queue....wonder how that happened :D





She does seem to really like them so I'm happy. And they turned out cute which makes me happier.





Pattern: Legendary Leggings
Yarn: Lion brand wool ease, wheat colorway
Needles: 5.00 mm (US 8), 5.5 mm (US 9)

Linking up with FO Friday (although her post isn't up this week), Fiber arts Friday and Creative Friday. I'm catching an obscenely early flight tomorrow and will be traveling all of next week so there likely won't be much posting done. Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Those are cute!!! I don't like knitting socks, so I always ignored leg warmers, plus I am tooo hot most of the time to need them! But they are so cute I might have to rethink that. Safe travel and have fun! We went to SF a few years ago, hated the city, loved the surrounding areas, just wish we had more time to sight see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buttons and legwarmers are a great combination! I might have to try this one. Hope that you have a safe trip and that your sinuses/allergies get better soon. There is a new OTC nasal spray called Nasacort that might help if you aren't already using one already. A week in SF sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get better soon!

    Absolutely adore your project labels, and these leg-warmers are so cute. I'm sure you will have one extremely happy friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those legwarmers! The buttons are perfect on them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I love to hear from all my readers :)