Friday, June 13, 2014

Friday: An FO and some freaky weather


Taken by the Hudson, with the WTC tower in the background

We haven't seen the sun for almost a week here, instead we have fogs and 96-99% humidity levels. Ugh weather. It was so sunny on Sunday too! Sigh.

There are very few times when I stop knitting altogether. That's kind of what happened with this pullover. Unfortunately, it was a test knit, so I do feel bad that I took so long to finish it, but luckily I made the deadline and I wasn't the last to finish, so that sort of consoles me. It was a project that was interesting at first, but got a bit boring too once the lace part was over and there were miles of stockinette to do.



Its a tad loose- an issue most testers have reported to the designer. I had trouble starting the yoke too, but once Nell, the designer, clarified the positioning of the marker it went very well. The lace was actually pretty interesting to do.


I skipped the waist shaping with Nell's permission.

Other than that my only mod was to do a k2p2 rib at the hem instead of k1p1.


I love the color and the yarn. I might have mentioned how much I love the Dolce Merino yarn in my last post...well I can't say enough nice things about it.



Pattern: Daisy
Yarn: Dolce Merino (DK weight) in the Sassafras colorway
Needles: 4.5 mm (US 7) and 5.00 mm (US 8)

Sharing with FO Friday, Fiber Arts Friday and Creative Friday. This is FO #11 of 2014.

P.S- Thanks to all the readers who commiserated with my meltdown post last Wednesday. It's nothing I've (or the DH) has done, just circumstances that are frustrating for us and over which we have no control. Your sympathy is deeply appreciated. Shukriya! 

5 comments:

  1. Love it! Looks like the perfect summer top. I wish I could get into cotton yarns and knit for summer wear. But it just hurts my hands. I never think to look into merino blends. I might have to rethink my summer knitting. Sorry to hear you hit a rough patch. I missed the wednesday post for some reason. Hope things are better now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a cute sweater and I like the color on you.

    What a great view you have on NYC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always in awe of your sweater knitting. I just can't commit to larger projects like that. Yours is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful sweater. It is a very flattering design and color on you! Beautiful work as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! And it looks so pretty on you. Love the last picture especially!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I love to hear from all my readers :)