Wednesday, June 11, 2014

WIP Wednesday: knitting through a meltdown

When I have a lifarmageddon, I stop knitting and curl up into a (metaphorical) ball. When its just your normal, average meltdown, I knit lace.

The more complicated, the better.

I actually won the pattern for the Mehndi stole on Ravelry. Well, I won a pattern of my choice (the sponsor paid for the pattern) and I chose this. The lattice like cables, the sprawling vines, the smell of henna (ok so that's a memory!), I knew I had to knit this pattern.

Pic taken after 1.5 repeats of chart A

The complicated twisted stitches, the need to read the chart for almost every stitch is exactly what I need right now. It calms me and I can't stop to think! 


Even the reverse looks gorge!

I'm using a yummy, yummy yarn. Its Universal's Dolce merino, a merino and microfiber blend and it is soft! I just knit a pullover with it and it was a dream to work with, no splitting, no fuzz and frogs wonderfully. My swatches didn't grow or shrink either. It's going to be a cuddly wrap.

If the p2together tbls don't kill me first.

Sharing with WIP Wednesday 

5 comments:

  1. Your work is so beautiful and such a pretty colour of yarn.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness that is gorgeous! You picked just the right yarn too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, how did I miss this one? Beautiful! Looks like the perfect remedy for a meltdown. I am the same way...when life throws a curveball, the last thing I want to do is knit garter stitch. Sometimes you want a project that gives you a few chances to curse ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really sorry about the meltdown, but that stole is absolutely gorgeous! and the yarn fits it perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! You're a woman of the best kind there is. This complicated pattern as a calming mechanism -- hats off to you lady! Can't wait to see this F.O.

    Sending you well-wishes that the source of your meltdown is no longer a part of your world.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I love to hear from all my readers :)