Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Repost for Friday

ETA: Still plugging away at the blanket. I worked 3 rows of hearts in red, 2 in bouquet (a heathery purple) and 2 more rows in red. Will add a final row of red hearts and then move on to Chart 2 :)

Reposting for Fiber Arts Friday and Creative Friday.

Color! Why was I so late to jump on the color work bandwagon? I love bright, saturated colors (as Vianden, Aidez, and many more of my projects testify), so color work and I should be natural affinities. Sadly, I was scared of all the twisting of yarn and long floats of yarn that stranding involved, of the bobbins intarsia involves and I just find double knitting a bit tedious.

So I drooled over the Latvian Garden pattern for months. Years, maybe.



Till I decided to jump in last week. And I couldn't be happier! Tension issues, and minor mistakes notwithstanding.



I'm leaving reasonably long floats since the wool is scratchy and the blanket will be lined.



The stockinette curls terribly. As expected, I suppose. The Palette yarn is lovely and saturated but I've found so many frayed and broken bits in the green its disgusting. At  least it splices together like a dream.

I'm sure there will be many more color work projects in my future. And I will need some hand holding and possible Dutch courage for the steek!

Sharing with WIP Wednesday

3 comments:

  1. Adorable!! You are doing great. You are a natural. Don't fear the steek, it really is easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking great! It will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just beautiful. Those hearts are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I love to hear from all my readers :)