Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Brigade pullover

So, I've been working on (not secretly of course!) this snazzy pullover for S (the DH). It's an acrylic yarn in worsted/aran weight. The pattern, Brigade, is available for $7 on Ravelry. Before you gasp- oh no, acrylic, let me just say that its really hard selecting colors for him and that he loved this grey. His reason for acrylic? He wanted a machine washable sweater which did not need to be re blocked with every washing (sparing me the trouble, oh boy is that kind!).Machine wash is good, especially when you tend to spill stuff on your clothing. Shh.

However, I've not worked with 4mm needles in forever, and the agony of miles of stockinette with no end in sight is driving me CRAZY. I knit and knit and it never seems to grow. Ah despair, we meet again. Anyway, it's just over 10" long. 7" more to go before I work the armholes. Here's a WIP pic (grey on a rainy day, so poor pic quality)

Is there no way to get the damn image where I want it to be?!!

Anyway, there is a wonky bit in the ribbed part- I tripped over my ball of yarn on my rush to take a phone call, and ripped out a few st from the needles. I picked them up, but carelessly, as I couldn't find a crochet hook just then. My bad. Will need to use duplicate st to fix it after all the knitting is done...which right now, seems like never. Sigh.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I love to hear from all my readers :)