Monday, November 28, 2011

This thanksgiving, I thought....

So S, my DH and I come from middle class backgrounds, and that I believe sometimes muddles up his head. Um, is that why we are here, in smelly New Jersey, trying to carve out a better life for ourselves? Or for our babes unborn? Or did we just drift here, without thinking too much about the whys and the wherefores of it all? Who knows.

Trouble is, working in the hue melting pot that is finance, makes you insecure. Especially if you're starting out. The wealth on display here is mind boggling. What does that matter though, in NYC where appearances are everything?

My poor husband. I wish you would join me and sit back and think about what we have here. Or should I go first?

Sure, I have friends who are rich and successful...or at least they have husbands or families who are. Sure, everyone wants to be wealthier, prettier, everything else, but here I am...

And here is my list of things to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.

1. I am extremely grateful for my loving DH. He is so amazing and enriches my life in a million different ways. Most importantly, he knows every detail of my past and still embraces me with all my flaws and scars. I am grateful to be married to you, take care of you and have you to hold on to when nightmares come and when I get scared after watching trailers of Paranormal Activity 3 :)

2. My sweet puppies, Serafina, Xena and Leo...angels alive all three. Serafina who saved me in a million ways when I was alone and friendless in Bangalore, Xena, the enthusiastic licker and Leo, the pup who will not walk nicely on a leash.

3. I am so grateful for the use of my hands- and all the craft that helps keep me both usefully occupied and sane. Because I feel like I create a piece of beauty every time I pick up the needles or the hook. And all the pretty yarn!

4. I am grateful that I can still write, even if it needs constant pruning and refining and reworking. Even if no one will ever read my novel, stories or poetry, I feel privileged to be a teller of tales.

This thanksgiving, I am so grateful for all my blessings, and so thankful to S, because every day, in a different way, he makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I love to hear from all my readers :)