Monday, November 28, 2011

Sweetness

There is sweetness yet to be found in places where everything once looked bleak and dark. A few kind words (a sweet message by a fellow Ravelry member), a cuddle from my puppy, an early morning walk by the river when all is peaceful.... such daily sweetnesses soothe and, sometimes, enchant.
Speaking of enchanting, the knitpicks cyber monday sale started and I was online along with the rest, battling to load the page faster. I really have no room for it. My oven too is taken over, which is how I got this quirky name for my blog. My storage units, all my suitcases...everything is full of yarn. I got my first scolding from the DH who wonders if I will ever use it all up in my lifetime. Oh dear, the voice of reason. And yet, I find myself succumbing! So I got two things. Merino Style yarn (DK weight) in fairytale purple for a shawlette I will be test knitting (sorry, no more details allowed as of now) and in a bright blue for the Date night pullover which I so love.

I have signed up for the curvy knits course on craftsy, and I have to agree with the instructor, bulky yarns do not look good on me. Sigh. So back to the teeny tiny needles we Indians grew up with....although finer yarns tend to offer more yardage for the dollar...but enough said, and no more yarn this winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I love to hear from all my readers :)